tiistai 28. lokakuuta 2014

"Imagine all the people living for today..."


The President in the middle and Vice Presidents next to him. They were from Germany, Spain and Latvia
The President (from Germany) in the middle and Vice Presidents (from Spain and Latvia) next to him



Opening Ceremony

Teambuilding: Let's play a "game" XD

Time to get to know the committee members

General Assembly

My comittee: Comittee of Development, or just Deve

Time to play energysizing games even during GA

"But first: Let me take a selfie!"


So, I came here to write about EYP, as I promised last time. The problem is: I don't know where to start because so much happened there and thinking about the weekend still makes me emotional (in a good way).

To be honest, on the first day I wasn't so sure had it been good idea to go to the EYP meeting; We were almost all the time behind schedule and also some of the things were not organized good enough.

Anyway, I had that feeling only during the first day, because though some things did not go very smoothly, after I strated to get to know people, I strated to enjoy the time. This was small meeting; There were "only" 150 delegates. When I start to go to the national and international meetings, which are longer and abroad, there'll be many hundreds of delegates. And I can't wait!

So, during the meeting, we were in eight different comittees, which all had some international problem what European Union are trying to solve right now and we were supposed to find solutions for those. My comittee was Comittee of Development, or DEVE. What we had to think was the war what is going on in the Middle East and what to do to the refugees that are coming to Europe, mostly thanks to ISIS. It was mentally really hard try to find some solutions, but none of the problems were actually easy and one single solution was not possible.

During last weekend I probably laughed more than a long time; on the first day's team building games and even during General Assambly, where every comittee told their solutions. Only thing what bugs me is that in the end I ended up saying nothing during GA, even though at first I didn't even want to, because I'm afraid of public speaking. On the day before GA, every comittee voted that who is for example going to read the solutions and who is going to do the speech which explains them more. I didn't get voted. So then I decided that I make an attack speach; a speach which is supposed to strongly disagree with the solutions what another comittee had made. But I didn't have a chance to do that before getting the booklets where all the solutions of each comittee were, and those were ready about 2 am. I was simply too tired to make that kind of speech anymore so I gave up. Still I had a chance to made up some points of the solutions, and I actually did, but before I had a chance to tell that, someone from another comittee said basically the exact same thing. :( Well, better luck next time.

All in all, that weekend was so amazing and I'll definitely continue with European Youth Parliament. So easy to make new friends and a chance to say your opinion about something, are things what I definitely enjoy! I just hope to see some of the amazing people I met still in the future, because guys: I really miss you!

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti